Random crashes

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Fri Aug 29 17:17:18 EST 2003

On 28-Aug-2003 linas at austin.ibm.com wrote:

> Can you monitor cpu temp somehow? I had this once when a cpu fan would
> barely spin.

I cannot monitor the tempeature directly because AFAIK that feature is
not available on 7455. The g4fan driver by Samuel Rydh says the temp.
is always around 59C. But I don't think this is the cause because I also
tried to keep the fans at full speed (~50C) with same results.

> Slightly off-topic: I've always wanted to have a memory-cache checker
> kerneld that ran continuously in the background.
>
> More off-topic. I've always wanted to have an on-line, background fsck
> checker running continuously.   I've had problems where a journalling
> FS would think the FS was fine, log journal clean, but in fact, the fs
> had slowly accumulated errors over many months due to ?? faulty
> electronics ??.

Small bugs, more likely. All journalling fs are still beta.

Bye.
    Giuliano.