Random crashes

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Thu Aug 28 06:06:27 EST 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:50:17 +0200
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> > Random... lockups, oopses, sig11... but nothing useful because is happens
> > in random places. Ok, so the answer is no. Maybe the hw is faulty. It's
> > the only kernel I used on this mac.
>
> Strange. I haven't been reported such problems. Can you try an older kernel
> just in case ? Could also be bad ram...

I tried 2.4.22 and I replaced the RAM. Nothing. Digging in the oops
collection I found this one which doesn't look very nice:

Jul 23 21:37:55 localhost kernel: Machine check in kernel mode.
Jul 23 21:37:55 localhost kernel: Caused by (from SRR1=20009030): L1 Data Cache error

I'll send the machine back for repair, altought I think they'll not even
notice the problem because it happens sporadically :(((

--
Bye.
   Giuliano.