Linux kernel / USB keyboard scancode problems

Frank Murphy murphyf+linux-ppc at f-m.fm
Wed Aug 27 17:48:04 EST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 10:03, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:24:02PM +0200, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 August 2003 11:35, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > > X does its own mapping of raw keycodes to keycodes, and the mapping
> > > is surjective (arghh). The option CustomKeyCodes in X allows you to
> > > bypass this mapping (medium raw modes) but I believe it is deprecated.
>
> On a PC, the Menu key sends e0 5d (and obviously e0 dd for key up). The
> linux keycode is 127 but the X one is 117.

Could you tell me what the keycodes are for Print Screen/SysRq, Scroll Lock,
and Pause are on your keyboard? Just so I can track what F13, F14, & F15
could be.

> The following might be sufficient (just a wild guess, and it will
> certainly break if you don't use linux keycodes):

Thanks for your guessed fix. I'll have to look at what you've done, but, wow,
it's pretty cryptic.

> BTW, I'd also like to keep somewhere the state of the fn key in the
> ADB keyboard driver. I've seen a MacOS utility which allows you to
> use the trackpad as a scroll wheel while the fn button is pressed.
> Thta's what I'd ike to copy.

Huh. That would be pretty cool. Perhaps the real numlock state as well (if
that's even possible).

Frank