linuxppc-2.5 CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD undefined

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Fri Aug 15 03:44:06 EST 2003

 On Thu, Aug 14, Tom Rini wrote:

> The problem is that PPC_MULTIPLATFORM does not go into
> arch/ppc/boot/simple/, except for one file.  The log you posted shows it
> trying to link a zvmlinuz in there.
>
> By chance do all of your tools meet the requirements in
> Documentation/Changes  ?  Assuming that's been kept up to date.

Yes, it is uptodate, SuSE 8.2.

I found that it goes into /simple/ only once, and that fails.

  208  cp -av .config ../config.foo
  209  make distclean
  210  l
  211  cp ../config.foo .config
  212  /usr/bin/time make oldconfig zImage modules modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=`pwd` &>log
fails
  213  w
  214  o log
  215  make zImage
succeeds
  216  rm -fv arch/ppc/boot/simple/*.o
  217  make zImage
succeeds
  218  history

That makes we wonder, 'make oldconfig zImage' is different from 'make zImage'?
Must be some dependency problem.

--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!

sUse lINUX ag, nÜRNBERG