linuxppc-2.5 (rsync mvista) -- drivers/input/evdev.c:243: error: invalid lvalue in asm statement

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Sun Aug 3 21:23:33 EST 2003

Miles Lane writes:

>   CC      drivers/input/evdev.o
> drivers/input/evdev.c: In function `evdev_ioctl':
> drivers/input/evdev.c:243: error: invalid lvalue in asm statement
> drivers/input/evdev.c:243: error: invalid lvalue in asm statement
> drivers/input/evdev.c:243: error: invalid lvalue in asm statement
> drivers/input/evdev.c:243: error: invalid lvalue in asm statement

These errors are a consequence of the change I made to make get_user
work on 64-bit quantities.  I can't actually see a way to have
get_user work when it's used the way it is here and also work on
64-bit quantities, without giving spurious warnings when used on
pointers.

Who was it that wanted 64-bit get_user?  I think we are going to have
to make a separate get_user64().

Paul.