ibook2r2 & strange freeze.

Brice Figureau brice at tincell.com
Sun Apr 27 08:51:17 EST 2003

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 12:40 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>
>>> Hrm... Interesting. It dies reading from the chip (MMIO). Can you
>>> check with xmon "h" command if there's a translation for 0xd9000000 ?
>> I'll do that at my next reboot.
There was a translation for d9000000 (sorry, I don't remember wich
address it was).

>>> (Or hack radeonfb init to printk the result of ioremap of the
>>> registers
>>> to see if it's really 0xd9000000 or if the structure was corrupted
>>> some
>>> way)
>> I'll try to find where is the init.
The MMIO ioremap gave 0xd9000000.
There is also another ioremap (I can't remember for which member of the
struct), it gave 0xd9005000.

>>> What is the exact error in xmon ? (vector number)
>> Vector 200
>
> Ah, that's a machine check... interesting. So either the address above
> is bogus, or the card is crashed. In this later case, noaccel should
> have helped, except if, for some reason, the argument was ignored
> when setting the initial mode...
Since the address does not seem to be bogus, could it be possible that
my computer is broken in a certain way ? (bad memory...).
I'll do another noaccel check.

Brice