ibook2r2 & strange freeze.

Mich Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sat Apr 26 17:08:02 EST 2003

On  25 Apr, this message from Remco Treffkorn echoed through cyberspace:
> Seems to me you have more than one problem. I have trouble with
> CONFIG_RTC set. Hwclock will hang in rc.sysinit.

CONFIG_RTC is known to cause havoc on Macs. This has been mentioned at
least once per week here :-).

> Try configuring
> without RTC.

Rather, set like this:

CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y
# CONFIG_RTC is not set

CONFIG_RTC is generic i386 RTC. The driver tries to access hardcoded IO ports.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |