insmod search_exception_table !!!

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Wed Apr 9 02:20:18 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:40:37PM +0530, invictus rm wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am working on a board which has 512MB RAM . The PCI space is from
> 0xe0000000 to 0xf8000000.
> 0xf8000000 -- 0xfc000000 device 1
> Remaining for other I/0(Flash/RTC..etc)
>
> When i try to load any module(insmod), the kernel crashes every time .

Sounds like you clobbered vmalloc space.  Did you use io_block_map()
calls and limit the amount of vmalloc space available?  How much
address space have you ioremapped before loading the module?

Assuming you aren't using any advanced options to change PAGE_OFFSET
and friends, your vmalloc space starts at 0xe1000000.  I sure hope
you haven't 1:1 mapped that PCI mem space into kernel virtual space.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
porter at cox.net