consistent_free re-revisited

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Fri Sep 13 03:05:31 EST 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 07:29:45AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> IIRC, to fix the interrupt context bit, we need something like the
> following, which was Paul's idea, and he said he would talk to Dave M.
> about it.  Did anything ever happen there?

<snip>

In addition to that, you need to scrub the entire consistent_alloc
path...that includes map_page()->pte_alloc_kernel() which may
do a GFP_KERNEL allocation.

Then it's more complex yet with Book E's need to have those possible
page table allocations from the pinned TLB region.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
porter at cox.net