/dev/cdrom mount error

Jim Potter jrp at wvi.com
Thu Sep 12 01:09:46 EST 2002

I've just built & installed Ben's latest kernel (2.4.20-pre5-ben0) on a
dual 1ghz machine, and I've apparently somehow broken the /dev/cdrom.
Mounting this now always gets an error msg ("/dev/cdrom is not a valid
block device").  Is the configuration different recently?

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter
45th Parallel Processing
jrp at wvi.com

"It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great
task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead
we take increased devotion to that cause for which they
gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here
highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain,
that this nation under God shall have a new birth of
freedom, and that government of the people, by the people,
for the people shall not perish from the earth.

A. Lincoln, Gettysburg, 1863