part deux Re: Radeon 7000 in 9500 - which slot?

Stefan Jeglinski jeglin at 4pi.com
Thu Oct 17 04:27:22 EST 2002

>It is not detecting the heads properly because on many "mac" radeons, the
>firmware doesn't initialize the SCRATCH registers properly which contain
>information about display type.  There is no reliable method of probing
>display type on ppc so I will end up adding a display type option to
>radeonfb next version.

Sounds like until you have a chance to do this, I'm outta luck on
accelerated video. Keep me in mind for beta testing, please :-) Can I
assume I will be able to use the card with offb as usual? What about
dual monitors with xinerama - should that still work, albeit
unaccelerated?

Odd... surely there's no way I'm the only one with Mac and a 7000,
eh? Wonder why I never ran across this issue in searching the
archives... the only citation I found was the issue about it being in
the top slot, but I had the impression that the correspondent had it
working... will go look that up again.

Stefan Jeglinski