Using the "chips" XFree86 driver on a PowerBook 3400 (almost there.)

Ani Joshi ajoshi at unixbox.com
Thu Oct 10 04:49:41 EST 2002

It seems you have changed the address space to use the big endian
aperture, this is correct.  As for the accel engine, try turning off all
acceleration (just #if them out in the driver, no need for several XaaNo*
Options), and leave on SolidFills, this is the easiset to debug.  There is
a problem with some 65550's and polling of the BR04 register which tends
to lockup the engine, you may be running into that.  I would grab the old
source from Xpmac (I believe it had c&t accel) and poke around there to
see where the engine is initialized and the proper way to BLTWAIT on this
chip, its been long since I hacked on the c&t65550 so I don't remember
sorry.

As for the hardware cursor, you will have to swap the image of the cursor.
See the hw cursor support for radeon (or r128) and apply similair
necessary the big endian bits.

ani