__copy_tofrom_user fails on unaligned read faults

Dale Farnsworth Dale.Farnsworth at mvista.com
Sun Nov 24 13:25:12 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 12:03:36PM +1100, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> IMO you are right in thinking that we need to try to copy bytes one at
> a time after we get a read fault.  I think I would do the extra byte
> copy loop inline after the 99: label instead of jumping back the way
> you do.

By the time we get to 99:, r4 has already been zeroed.  We need to
insert the byte copy at 104:.  Now, to figure out how to do that without
duplicating code...  I won't be able to spend time on it until Monday.

Note that we also need to handle an unaligned fault in the initial
and final word copy loops.

-Dale