Unexpected sleep on old iBook

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:47:34 EST 2002

Segher Boessenkool spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > (Does it irritate anyone else that there seems to be no *good* way to
> >  differentiate iBook versions?  I'm sure there's some motherboard
> >  resource version that's unambiguous, but come on...)
>
> Just read the device tree:
>
> /proc/device-tree/model  gives you the model name.
> /proc/device-tree/scb#  gives you the revision number.

I actually meant for the layman ...  I realize that I can look up
system resources (in this case OF values) that will tell me, but hand
me an iBook and ask me what rev it is ... no clue.

Ethan

--
And if I claim to be a wise man / it surely means that I don't know.
                -- Kansas, "Carry on Wayward Son"