pmac_halt() bug

Tim Seufert tas at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 21 08:03:12 EST 2002

In platforms/pmac_setup.c, pmac_halt() is defined as follows:

pmac_halt(void)
{
     pmac_power_off();
}

Arguably, this is a bug because there should be a distinction between
halt and poweroff.  I've seen posts on user mailing lists from at least
two different people who want to halt without actually powering off,
but cannot do so because of this bug.  (I think the reasons have
something to do with attempting to get their machines to turn back on
automatically when power is restored after a UPS-initiated shutdown.)