Unexpected sleep on old iBook

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Nov 20 03:48:15 EST 2002

> > The kernel will never trigger a sleep by itself. Only
> > pmud or pbbuttonsd may. You will want to look at those logs or
> > track an eventual bug in there.
> >
> > Ben.
>
> OK, I'll have a look at the pmud code and come back later.

Please try running pmud with the -s or -S flag (signal init on power low)
and take note of the battery power level readings. I suspect the kernel
does return erroneous power readings on occasion, causing pmud to trigger
sleep. I've not been able to reproduce this on my Lombard Powerbook -
other users (iBook IIRC) report the battery power suddenly dropping to
zero from as much as 80%. I'm currently trying to collect more information
on this new feature.

	Michael