Try to run X11 with an Apple studio Display 17'' LCD

Xavier Grave grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Thu Nov 7 01:28:09 EST 2002

Hi,

I have downloaded the CVS tree and compiled it.
The graphic board is a Radeon R250 If [Radeon 9000].
The machine is a bi G4 1Ghz powermac.

If I try a XFree86 -configure I have this error :
(EE) RADEON(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (5)

but It generates a XF86Config.new where the driver name is ati.
If I do a XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config.new the screen remain blank.
And I have only remote session on the machine possible.
If I put radeon instead of ati in the config file and ChipID at 0x514c
(Radeon 8500) I have the same problem but differents error messages.

I join the log message and the XF86Config.new generated by the configuration.

Does anybody have the same configuration ?

Any help welcome :-)

xavier