How can I run linux on MOTOROLA MVME5100 ?

Xavier Grave grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Fri May 17 17:53:18 EST 2002

Le ven, 17 mai 2002 05:46:27, Lao Dingxiong a écrit :

> I have heard that the newly linux kernel(2.4, or above) can support 5100.
> So I compiled a 2.4.7 kernel, but it can't work!!!
> I want to know should I patch the kernel with a 5100 supported patch?
> if yes, where can I get this patch?
> Thanks for your help.

Where did you take your kernel sources ?
I'm using a 2.4.11 kernel from http://ppc.bitkeeper.com/

O+ xavier

PS: I have developped a driver for the vme part (highly inspired from
Gabriel Paubert one's)
with a rtlinux response for the interrupts. I have put it under GPL, but
for the moment
I don't have a ftp server to put it...
I don't have tested it with others kernels (the rtlinux part can easily be
replaced by a normal irq gestion).
--
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59
De chacun selon ses forces, a chacun selon ses besoins