[Alsa-devel] unresolved symbol udelay with ALSA on PPC

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 13 19:38:42 EST 2002

Hi Jörn,

At Mon, 13 May 2002 11:25:19 +0200,
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> hi !
>
> sorry for crossposting, this one is probably inappropriate for either
> the alsa or the ppc list. the problem is, i don't know which ;)
>
> this is after successfully compiling 2.4.19-pre8-ben0 for PPC on a
> powerbook g3 (pismo) and installing the alsa drivers from
> alsa-driver-0.9.0rc1.tar.bz2:
>
> ephraim:/usr/src/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc1 # depmod -ae -F
> /boot/System.map-2.4.19-pre8-ben0
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-pre8-ben0/kernel/sound/ppc/snd-powermac.o
> depmod:         udelay
>
> can anyone clue me in on this ? i grepped for udelay, but it seems it's
> a very popular string in the source tree, so i gave up :( it seems to be
> defined alright for other kernel modules. afaics, snd-powermac is the
> only one that has problems.

i hope it was fixed on cvs now.
(as always, it's due to missing include..)
could you try to update?

anyway, i'll spend some time to debug powermac drivers in this week.
there have been bug reports regarding awacs/screamer chips.

the tumbler chip was fixed in the last week.
now it supports bass/treble and DRC, and the volume changes more
reasonably.

Takashi