Powerbook

Kári Davíðsson kd at flaga.is
Mon May 6 00:16:59 EST 2002

It has something to do with RISC versus CISC architectures, i.e. RISC
offloads much of scheduling (?) to the compiler....
My old trusted Alpha had the same "problem" when I was using it for
development.
It is also very visible if you use cross compiler on an PIII to generate
ppc code (like I am doing now). The same code compiles significantly
slower
if cross compiled rather than natively compiled for the PIII.

K.D.