problems with smbfs on 2.4.18 kernel (ppc)

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri May 3 12:06:25 EST 2002

Dammit,

I feel stupid now. The SAMBA version I grabbed off some MacOS X site
came with a borked smb.conf. There was a rule to veto some files only
used by MacOS X (resource forks). Here was the rule:

veto files = .*/Temporary Items/Desktop
*/TheFindByContentFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/Network */

And the last bit actually vetoed all the directories, beginning with the
one at the bottom of the share. I still don't understand why smbclient
and the smb gnome-vfs method actually worked just fine with this share.

Urban, is this actually a bug ? I'll take this off linuxppc-dev now.

Cheers

<snip>

--
/Bastien Nocera