DST flag in NVRAM revisited (was: Re: NVRAM stuck in DST?)

Ethan Benson erbenson at alaska.net
Fri Mar 29 10:31:17 EST 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 05:19:56PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Perhaps someone can writes a utility to `patch' MacOS to treat the hardware
> clock being in GMT/UTC/Zulu time? I did a similar thing for AmigaOS many many
> years ago.

or if you want a macos only use OSX, it has no problems with the
hardware clock set to UTC, at least the beta did not.

(i tinkered with the beta, at the time my machine had no trace of
MacOS 8/9 and my nvram contains no macos cruft, that is the timezones
and DST fields are null, OSX showed the proper time, and it never
reset the hardware clock to localtime.)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/