slim kernel source

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Thu Mar 28 20:19:27 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Dan Bethe wrote:
> Hi all.  Is there a utility or procedure which can remove a bunch of the code
> from extraneous architectures from my kernel source tree?  I only want to build
> kernels for my beloved Powermac 8500 and so I can do without code specific to
> ia32, S390, Alpha, MIPS, and friends.
>
> Even if you just know of a few directories I can remove and save a couple dozen
> megs of space, that'd be good.

You can remove everything under arch/ and include/ you don't need. But you'll
be very disappointed when you notice that you haven't saved a couple dozen megs
of space by doing that. The arch-specific code is _very_ small compared to all
the driver code, which is valid for most architectures.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds