EV-64260-BP & GT64260 bi_recs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 21 05:06:07 EST 2002

In message <0203201711.AA10183 at ivan.Harhan.ORG> you wrote:

> Just what is wrong with my solution of BI_GT64260_ETH_CFG, BI_8260_ETH_CFG,
> BI_8XX_ETH_CFG, etc?

I don't think you need to pass different information around; in fact,
all these probably need exactly the same information... There  is  no
inherent  difference between the ethernet interfaces on a 8xx or on a
82xx. But both the 8xx and 82xx come with two pretty  much  different
onchip ethernet controllers (SCC/FEC on 8xx, SCC/FCC on 82xx).

So   should   we   have    BI_8XX_SCC_ETH_CFG,    BI_8XX_FCC_ETH_CFG,
BI_8260_SCC_ETH_CFG, BI_8260_FCC_ETH_CFG, ...? Certainly not.

I don't  know  the  GT64260  that  well;  what  makes  it's  ethernet
interface  so  much  different  from all other devices that it cannot
share a common BI_ETH_CFG?

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
- Edsgar W.  Dijkstra