EV-64260-BP & GT64260 bi_recs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 20 11:28:12 EST 2002

In message <20020320000500.GV3762 at opus.bloom.county> you wrote:

> > > need to change the driver to handle multiple enets, yes?
> >
> > Only some, like the 8xx. Other  configurations  run  just  fine  with
> > several ethernet interfaces.
>
> Well yes, but the ones which run fine with several ethernet interfaces
> are a) generic drivers (tulip, eepro, et al) and b) just work right now
> with multiple devices, and I'm not sure why they'd want to care about
> bi_recs.

Take the 8260 for an example - it is not a generic driver, and  there
is no existing solution to pass more than one MAC address.

> Me.  But it's gotta be made to work sometime.  And as a bonus, Linus is
> away for 2 weeks so things probably won't get worse than they are right
> now for about 2 weeks. :)

This is not the way I want to work.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The human mind  ordinarily  operates  at  only  ten  percent  of  its
capacity. The rest is overhead for the operating system.