CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_RAM in linuxppc_2_4_devel

Greg Allen gallen at arlut.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 29 01:10:44 EST 2002

I just did a bk pull on my modified linuxppc_2_4_devel tree, and it
no longer compiles.

snippit from init/do_mounts.c, line 381

    #if defined(CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_RAM) || defined(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD)
    static void __init change_floppy(char *fmt, ...)
    {

The linker complains that this function should be present.

I have CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM turned on, and no floppy. I can't find any
other reference to CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_RAM.

Is this simply a typo that never got tested without CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD
turned off?

Could one of the maintainers fix this little problem?

Thanks,
-Greg
--
  Gregory E. Allen, MSEE Engineering Scientist
  Applied Research Laboratories: The University of Texas at Austin