Debugging Network Performance

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Wed Jun 5 23:16:18 EST 2002

>     "It would be interesting to see where the cpu is being used. Could you
>     boot with profile=2 and use readprofile to find the worst cpu hogs
>     during a run?"

Where can I find documentation on the profile=## option? Are there also
tools that will help to interpret the logs?

> The problem with the poor SUNGEM performance turned out to be lots of
> extraneous unnecessary interrupts, so you might want to check out the
> eth0 interrupts in /proc/interrupts, comparing the two cases.

I will check the interrupts. There are several errata regarding the FCC
interface. I know that the code considered these cases but I need to make
sure that it did not get removed mistakenly.