[RFC/Patch] 4xx idle loop

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Jul 26 05:20:35 EST 2002

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Well, while I tend to agree with you on this, experience proved that
> slightly abusing the ppc_md. indirection somewhat helped make the
> code cleaner (read: more self-contained, less cruft, ...)

All of the architectures except PowerPC seem to have a indirect
pointer to a power saving idle function from the idle loop.  If
you don't want to follow this, we could have all of the board
specific files contain a 'power_save()' function, which could be
empty, always compile it and always call it.  Today, the power
saving stuff is all 6xx/7xx/Mac specific, which kinda needs to
change if we want address the needs of embedded processors and
products.

	-- Dan