[RFC/Patch] 4xx idle loop

cort at fsmlabs.com cort at fsmlabs.com
Thu Jul 25 15:39:21 EST 2002

There's need for the indirection for this sort of thing.  The only reason
I created ppc_md was to allow for different machines to run off a single
binary but not different chip families.

A big #ifdef for the chip-type would work fine since the chip family is
known at compile time.  The machine type isn't always know which is the
reason for ppc_md.

} This sounds like a good idea if we could use
}   if( ppc_md.powersave != NULL)
}        ppc_md.powersave();
}
} If it is determined that calling power_save() which is resides in an
} arch/processor specific file then we are talking about many files being
} hit.  and the current power_save seems to common for many other ppc
} platforms other than 4xx & 8xx