IPv6 ND on PPC hardware

Noah Meyerhans noahm at debian.org
Wed Jul 3 06:54:51 EST 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:36:42PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I do not understand why ND is not working. Is my configuration wrong or
> I have exposed a kernel bug?

It is likely a problem with broken multicast support.

> When I try to ping another host on the LAN it usually works the first
> time, and then stops working because the other host does not reply to
> ND requests. Everything works again if I switch the remote interface
> in promiscuous mode.

This sounds even more likely to be broken multicast support.  Do you see
the proper behavior if you enable allmulti on your interface, rather
than promiscuous mode?

A driver bug could be what's causing multicast not to work.  That's
probably most likely, though there also could be a problem with
hardware.

noah