Support for new Dual G4 1 Gig machines?

Alain RICHARD alain.richard at equation.fr
Wed Jan 30 20:44:35 EST 2002

Just for information, why do you consider sungem better than gmac ? What
kind of functionnalities is it supposed to better handle than gmac ?

Also about the video cards, there is two options :

- ATI Radeon 7500 (32 Mo)
- NVIDIA GeForce4 MX (64 Mo of RAM)

Is there any clue about the support of each one ?

For information, I have used NVidia cards under intel linux boxes and it
is very boring having to get the driver from Nvidia and to patch the
kernel and the XFree with their driver. Also I don't think they produce a
driver for ppc linux.

Le mardi 29 janvier 2002, à 08:08 , benh at kernel.crashing.org a écrit :

>>> You should also use sungem preferably to the old gmac driver.
>>
>> Do you suspect that this is what is causing my crashes when the box is
>> exposed to moderately high network volume?
>
> Maybe, only tests will prove me right or wrong.
>
> Ben.

Alain RICHARD <mailto:alain.richard at equation.fr>
EQUATION SA <http://www.equation.fr/>
Tel : +33 477 79 48 00	 Fax : +33 477 79 48 01
Applications client/serveur, ingénierie réseau et Linux