Support for new Dual G4 1 Gig machines?

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Wed Jan 30 04:25:45 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 benh at kernel.crashing.org wrote:

> I recently spotted a problem with >512Mb (CONFIG_HIGHMEM or not) & SMP that
> is fixed in the current bk _2_4 (2.4.18pre7). I also sent a fix to Marcelo
> that should hopefully be in the next 2.4.18preX release.
>
> You should also use sungem preferably to the old gmac driver.

Maybe you should officially deprecate the GMAC driver in favor of SunGEM,
then? Put something on its line in the config scripts that says
***DEPRECATED***, and something in Configure.help for it that says
something like "Please DO NOT use me, use the SunGEM driver instead!" so
there's no question, so maybe someday it can be dropped?

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates at dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN