OpenPIC_NumInitSenses

Adrian Cox adrian at humboldt.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 04:54:29 EST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:13:26 +1100 (EST)
Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> wrote:

> Who was it that wanted this horrible hack in open_pic.c?

I've been using it to deal with the DMA interrupts on the MPC107.

> 	/* Needed because of the way we overload EPIC on a standard
> 	 * Open PIC structure.
> 	 */
> 	if (OpenPIC_NumInitSenses > NumSources)
> 		NumSources = OpenPIC_NumInitSenses;
> [...]

> 	openpic_set_sources(0, 16, NULL);
> 	openpic_set_sources(16, 16, ioremap(isr_base, 16 * 32));
>
> (Actually maybe I should let openpic_set_sources do the ioremap.)
>
> Comments?

Looks like a lot less of a hack than the current system. I'll have to
renumber the DMA interrupts, but that's trivial work. I'm happy with
doing the ioremap in my own platform code, and it provides flexibility
for boards which have already mapped their openpic registers with
io_block_mapping().

--
Adrian Cox
http://www.humboldt.co.uk/