A few questions on older Macintosh Powerbooks

C S Rosenmund gnuman at attbi.com
Tue Jan 15 11:34:27 EST 2002

I'm using that binary image myself, while trying to roll my own. I can
get the box to boot, and do most things with the 2.4.5 sources I have,
but any real loading and the MMU problem crops up. what I need is the
patches to make my hardware work:

PCMCIA (so I can use my NIC and get on the net)
MMU so I do not have to keep going back to a different kernel to try
other options when building the kernel)
and Media Bay (so I can use the CDROM as a software and data transfer
device. . .)

I'm not timid at all about building a kernel, nor about using patches to
fix the broken code, but I need to know where to *find* them