Changes to gt64260 interrupt support code

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Thu Jan 3 05:30:46 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:44:24PM -0500, mod+linuxppc-dev at MissionCriticalLinux.com wrote:

> Please introduce these changes into the linuxppc
> sources in order that the existing gt64260 interrupt
> support code be usable on platforms other than the
> Galileo Eval Board.
>
> The current gt64260 interrupt support code forces
> use of particular Linux irqs (starting from 0) for
> particular GT64260 interrupt sources.  These changes
> allow use of that support code in other platforms and
> (of particular interest in my situation) in combination
> with other interrupt controllers (like the elegant
> and flexible 8259) that also want to map *their*
> interrupt sources to the Linux irqs starting at 0...

Ugh. Did I mention I hate 8259's?

We **REALLY** need a better way to deal with cascaded 8259's than adding
an offset.. I think Dan Malek had some good ideas on what to do about
this, but I don't know that anyone has got any currently running code that
solves this problem nicely.

Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer at drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----
"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Schulz