NFS not working...

Mark Jaffe wizards at wizdev.net
Wed Jan 2 06:54:13 EST 2002

I recently had NFS working successfully for me; I had mounted my new box
(YDL 2.0 with 2.4.15-benh SMP kernel) from my old box (MkLinux) and had
started moving file systems across. During this process I had a crash on the
new system and needed to rebuild the new kernel. It is now up to 2.4.17 and
now NFS does not work. I can mount the new machine from the old, but it
complains the file system is read-only (even though the /etc/exports file
contains the single line: /oldsys wizdev.net (rw,no_root_squash)

So what could have gone wrong? Where should I begin to look?

Mark
Mark Jaffe            | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard          | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards      | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards at wizdev.net    | http://www.wizdev.net/