radeonfb.c flakiness

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks at ivey.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 18 05:22:26 EST 2002

Hi,

Even with all of my changes, it seems the DFP screen will randomly stay
blank under PPC Linux.

Unfortunately, nothing I do can seem to bring it back to life (but all
of the radeon debug info is absolutely fine).

So some how we are not properly resetting the 7500 card or not properly
initializing it.

I can't understnad why the screen simply goes blank immediately after
the kernel starts to boot.

Ben, you mentioned something about playig with the memory mapping of the
card.  I see code that does something along those lines in the
radeonfb.c for screens that have dual heads.

Do you have any ideas I should test to see if they impact the random
startup blank screen issue (btw the kernel boots fine and I can blindly
login and shutdown).  Changing VTs from 1 to 2 or 3 has no impact.

Ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin