new G4 dual 1 gig is here - how to install?

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 16 20:30:29 EST 2002

Hi,

BTW I just finished building XF4.2.0 in under 45 min from scratch with
just one CPU on my new box and fired it up and it works just fine out of
the box.

We really need to write a USB daemon to allow the "Brightness" button to
work on the DFP monitors from Apple.

The only way I could seem to reduce the brightness was to use the Gamma
0.50 setting in the XF86Config-4 file to reduce the gamma

Ani/Ben I will try to send you whatever patches are needed for radeonfb.c
for the 7500 (once I clean up my hacks) so that you can see what I had to
do.

Now on to SMP kernel testing!

Thanks for everyone's HELP!

Thanks,