new G4 dual 1 gig is here - how to install?

Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Wed Feb 13 12:20:32 EST 2002

At 7:08 PM -0600 2/12/02, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
>So what is the best way to get linux working on this thing.  Since
>kernel changes are needed to recognize the new 7455 chip, none of the
>canned installers from SuSE, or YellowDog will work, will they?

I recall that the debian installer can use essentially any kernel. I think
the only thing it needs to work 100% is a tgz with a pack of modules that
matches the uname, which is easy enough to make/fake.

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya at apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada           --           http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/