two aty128 frame buffers?

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Fri Feb 8 05:29:50 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Ani Joshi wrote:

> You can't use 2 cards which require ISA IO (vgaHW uses ISA IO on rage128)
> right now, because of the multiple busses on the G4 machines.  You can
> comment out all the vgaHW calls and that will probably work, but without
> doing that it will always crash on any ISA IO operation.  The reason is
> because your second bus's ISA IO isn't mapped.

The issue is the same with the G3 tower - the video card is by default in
the 32-bit, 66 MHz PCI slot, which is a logically separate bus from the
64-bit, 33 MHz bus that the other 3 slots are part of. What sort of mods
will it take to make that work, anyway?

I've discovered that putting both cards in bus 0 (64-bit, 33 MHz bus) gets
both the cards going, though - and well, that works for me...

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates at dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN