Problem with ping/telnet

murali nagarajan muralin at gdatech.com
Wed Feb 6 11:08:02 EST 2002

Hello David,

With your info, I am able to do a telnet from my board to the host, only if
I specify the port number. What surprises me is that the presence of both
/etc/services (entry to telnet is available with a port number) and the
/etc/protocols files. For some reason, may be the boot process is unable to
read these information.  But when I want to do a telnet to my board from my
host iMAc, I am unable to do. I get an error message "connection refused".

/proc file system is not mounted during the boot time and I mount it
immediately after getting the "bash" prompt.

With PING still looking for some leads...(I can ping from the host to my
taget board)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Murali