Correct way to submit a patch?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Feb 5 02:17:55 EST 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 01:48:49AM +0100, benh at kernel.crashing.org wrote:

> >Hi
> >
> >I was wondering what's the correct, proposed way to submit a patch to the
> >LinuxPPC kernel tree so the patch surely reaches the responsible person
> >and gets
> >the necessary attention.
> >
> >What about a special linuxppc-patch mailing list ?
> >What about a patch tracking system like ARM Linux is using it
> >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/ ?
>
> The proper way is to send it to this list, eventually CC'ed to one
> of the people in the MAINTAINERS file depending which type of machine
> is affected by it.

This sounds about right, but the MAINTAINERS file is a bit out of
date/useless from time to time.  I do my best to not loose patches sent
to any of the linuxppc- lists (that mailbox is at ~850 saved msgs right
now too..) but occasionally things get pushed beyond my normal viewing
window and aren't seen until I go back and try and clean it out. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/