mmap problem with personnal code driver

Xavier Grave grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Fri Dec 20 03:18:52 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have written a driver for a pci to vme bridge and I have the following
problem : when I try to mmap some pci space to the user memory read is ok but
write seems broken on ppc arch. (it run without problem on x86 arch).

I think the problem is in the pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) value.

I wonder if I haven't see something about that in the list before but I
couldn't find it for the moment.
Does anyone have an idea to help me ? :-)

xavier
PS: for people interested in the vme driver the new version support both
rtlinux, rtai and standard linux.