PowerSpan PCI / sym53c8xx SCSI

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Thu Aug 22 13:47:49 EST 2002

Perhaps this will jog a couple brain cells.

I retrieved 2.4.19 final from BitKeeper and have successfully gotten PCI
working with the SYM53C8xx version 2 driver. (No modifications were made to
the PCI setup)

However it only works if you select the "normal I/O" option with the
SYM53C8xx version 2 driver. SYM53C8xx version 1 does not work. Version 2
does not work if the I/O option is not selected.

It sounds like a byte-swap issue with the memory interface. Has anyone else
run into this? I am using an 8260 not a Mac/PowerPC. Perhaps there is
something there?

TIA