Weird interrupt problem

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 8 10:28:01 EST 2002

Hi,

Twice now I have seen something that may be related.  The whole system
becomes very sluggish with either one or both cpus consuming 99% of
capacity while receiving funny interrupt messages.

I literally had to shutdown the system which took forever (I had to keep
hitting <return> to allow the second cpu to have a chance at things).

This is with an almost stock ben 2.4.19-pre10 kernel compiled for SMP on a
Dual G4 1-gig machine.  I have never seen anything in the message logs
that provides a good hint at why this is happening.

Again it has only happended twice now but it is very annoying (the system
becomes so sluggish you almost think it has hung completely).

I have no idea if this is related but it may be.

Kevin