[RFC/PATCH] idle loop changes

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Aug 1 07:29:01 EST 2002

Matt Porter wrote:

> So, some new machdep calls that you can populate on a per board basis?
> Are you just talking about them being used upon entering/exiting idle?

I was just thinking the power_save() function could be unique to a
board.  It has to be something combined with the power save mode
chosen on the chip, so machdep calls may not be appropriate.  We are
using names like ppc6xx_pm_idle, ppc4xx, ppc8xx, when it could be
my_custom_board_pm_idle......Just don't assume one type of chip will
use the same function on different boards.  When the idle/power save
function is chosen, it should probably be done during board setup,
not processor set up.

	-- Dan