CONFIG_GENERIC_PPC32

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Sun Apr 7 18:34:19 EST 2002

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I've looked at the patch in the meantime and it makes much sense. I want
> to do something around those lines:
>
>  - Completely rip off CONFIG_ALL_PPC in favor of CONFIG_GENERIC_PPC32
>  - Each board model has it's own CONFIG_xxx entry (like Michael patch),
>    which means adding "back" CONFIG_PMAC, CONFIG_CHRP, CONFIG_PREP, but
>    those will only control which set of .c file will get in the makefile
>    and the toplevel switch/case on platform_init. That is you will be able
>    to select an arbitrary set of boards.

Good, starts to look like m68k again, where you always were able to compile a
generic kernel (except for Sun-3 (not 3x) due to the different MMU)!
Now start moving platform specific files to arch/ppc/$platform/ again. Dan is
right, we're running in circles :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds