[Linux-galileo] ev64260 bi_rec patch

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Apr 3 15:09:19 EST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 07:35:50PM -0800, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Paul Mackerras <paulus at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Use the memory pointed to by klimit and increment klimit by the amount
> > you use.  You should keep klimit aligned on a 4-byte boundary, I think.
>
> Yeah, I've already figured this out myself by looking at what you do for OF.
>
> I'm working on one really big changeset right now that'll add a
> CONFIG_GENERIC_PPC32 configuration, have presistent and searchable bi_recs, a
> new and much cleaner GT-64260 implementation, etc. I'll push it into
> linuxppc_2_4_alt when it's ready to see the light of day (hopefully tomorrow or
> Wednesday).

Would you mind detailing exactly what's in your 'much cleaner' gt64260
implementation? Like, do you have an SMP-safe gt ethernet driver
perchance? ;)

Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer at drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----
"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Schulz