pci probs with recent linuxppc_2_4_devel kernel

Peter R. Wood prwlists at cephas.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 26 14:24:38 EST 2001

Hi all,

I've been having some problems with recent linuxppc_2_4_devel kernels.
Specifically, my PCI bus and devices don't seem to be recognized properly.
I have a SuperMac J700, with a 3c905 ethernet card and an ati rage 128
video card.. neither of them seems to be recognized:

Unknown bridge resource 0: assuming transparent
Unknown bridge resource 1: assuming transparent
Unknown bridge resource 2: assuming transparent
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 00:0d.0
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 00:0d.0
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 00:10.0
etc...

Is there a patch available to fix this? Right now I am using an older
kernel, since the kernel in its current state doesn't enable my video or
ethernet cards.

Thanks,

Peter

--