More problems with Kernel 2.4.10-pre12 and mounting

patrick tendim at tendim.cjb.net
Mon Sep 24 14:22:22 EST 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> the dd trick shows you can read the device without problems, are you
> sure the filesystem is not corrupt? or that the disk is not failing?

But the problem isn't limited to /dev/sdb, since /dev/sda also has
problems.  (I can't do any of the tricks, i.e., dd or pdisk -l /dev/sda
with it either.  Again, this is all under 2.4.10-pre12, 2.2.18 works
fine.)

> badblocks -sv /dev/sdb

Nothing bad happened, and no error messages came out (I checked
the entire /dev/sdb drive), so I'm assuming my drive is ok.

--
patrick m pritchard
disposable hero.